13 - 01
Quite often when people travel it is fairly easier to select an airline or bus terminal than to choose a hotel to stay in. This is usually because options may be too many or too few in their chosen destination. Many travel agencies and booking portals have information at their disposal but there is the need to quickly decisions and reservations where they are concerned. How can you do that successfully without regretting your choice later? Here are a few quick tips to consider.
- Location – The location of the hotel you wish to stay is always in direct correlation to the reason or purpose of your travel. For instance, if you are travelling for business, then you will want to be located in a convenient area which is close to your primary place of business. However, if you’re planning to go on tour, a hotel that’s centrally located is probably the best choice for you. And if you just need to relax and de-stress, then you might want to look for something a little more remote or located in a scenic area.
- Facilities – You definitely want to look into what the facilities are in the hotel before you book. This is also very much dependent on your needs and the purpose of your travel. You may want a pool or a restaurant, a spa or even a golf course. Sometimes you even want specific facilities such as water heaters in the rooms. Just make sure your preferred facilities are available at the hotel before you make the reservation. Online booking portals are always updated with this information and you can always access them in a few clicks.
- Complimentary breakfasts – Generally, breakfasts are quite important and are necessary to jumpstart the day. Whether you intend to attend business meetings or go sightseeing, eating right in the morning is very essential. Besides all the costs incurred in booking flights and hotel accommodations, it is always important to consider hotels that come with complimentary breakfasts. Why pay extra fees for breakfast when you can get it for free?
- Extra fees – Cost saving is highly expedient when choosing a hotel.. For example, if you need access to Internet, then you may want to find a hotel that offers complimentary Wi-Fi. Also if you want to stay fit and healthy, hotels that offer complimentary gym and spa services are your best choices. Always avoid extra fees if you can. The little you save on them will be enough for an extra night or two.
- Star rating – This is the widely recognized way of grading hotels. The higher the star rating, the better the facilities are. This is a great way to compare hotels and determine whether you are looking for something more economical or luxurious. In the past, 5-star hotels were regarded as the best hotels in terms of facilities and services. Quite recently, a couple of 6 and 7-star hotels have sprung up in some parts of the world with high class and amazing technology infused into the hotel business.
- Reviews – In the end, the experiences of real customers who have visited or stayed in the hotels is very important in order to get a feel of what to expect. This serves as a guide for you. This is probably the single most effective way of knowing how bad or good the services and facilities of the selected hotel are. It is always good to consult the online reviews.
Credit : Jovago Ghana